Wednesday 21 January 2009

Still turning

The wheels are still turning on the jobseeking machine, but there doesn't appear to be any forward (or backward) movement. I responded to an email alert last week; what was significant about this was the fact that it was a job advertised through a local temping agency with which I was already registered! I went in to see them and told them that I would like to be put forward for it. It's for a local company, and it consists of reformatting documentation. It's initially for 2 months. Despite this, you can't take anything for granted in this game, so I've continued to apply for appropriate IT jobs. As for last week's jobs - I haven't heard anything yet. Today I will be going to my Job MAETS course. I've completely redrafted my CV to make it more detailed and yet more terse at the same time.

No comments: