Monday 12 January 2009

Sign on Brightly

Today was sign-on day - the first time for a few weeks, since the Christmas period had interrupted the proceedings. On returning home I phoned the agency for the aforementioned job (see the previous blog post); I should hear sometime next week. In view of the fact that there are 300 applicants for this position, I think I stand an excellent chance (of being turned down, that is). I also phoned a recruitment agency who'd called me last week about a Derby support analyst job he thought my CV matched. The fellow who had phoned me has since left the agency! So his successor will be finding out progress on the job application.

I also phoned a company (still Derbyshire - Alfreton) that has been advertising for an analyst programmer for ages. They want someone with AS/400 and RPG skills, but I thought I'd see what they have to say. The lady I spoke to didn't seem to think that my lack of these skills would present an unsurmountable obstacle, so at her suggestion I posted her a copy of my CV with a covering letter. I also applied for a contract helpdesk job - this time in Leicester..

No comments: